Monday 13 June 2011

Dating Rule No 3

Welcome back to the dating rules... now where had we go to .. Arr Dating Rule Number 3... now this one is another one I will fail miserably at Again...So far not doing very well with these Rules.

“Never get drunk on a date or be rude. It is not acceptable behaviour and will put your date off for sure and they will lose any respect they had for you. Manners and courtesy are everything and will help lead to a successful date.”

Now I like to think that I could probably handle the whole manners and courtesy number.. Table manners where a big thing in my house when we were little so hopefully I can now work a knife and fork without looking like some troll that has come out of the dark ages.. Then again.. I am a little bit of a butter fingers.. it would be the one time that I drop my knife, bend down to pick it up, fall of my chair, take the table cloth with me and end up with everything on the floor.. again at this point we would stand up, rake our fingers through our hair, pick up the handbag, nod in the direction of the man you are on a date with and leave.. once out side take of the shoes and run home!!

However the main problem I would find with Rule 3 other than the trying to not make my date lose all respect for me is the never get drunk.. Now im not an alcoholic.. even though im sure some people probably think I am ..(I was once told that your not a alcoholic till you put vodka on your cereal however the person who told me this never drinks vodka only red wine so by this I believe there saying if they put red wine on there cereal there still not technically a alcoholic)

When I get nervous as im sure a lot of you do also.. if there is a glass of wine in front of me.. its gone.. and normally pretty quickly... and also im a cheap date.. by this I don't mean you can buy a bottle of  lambrini and take me to Maccy ds on a date.. I mean more on the fact that after 2 glasses of wine im the girl standing on the table top doing some what I believe at the time to be pretty amazing dancing.. !! sadly its probably just me rocking back and forth and shaking my bum to the music and most likely not in time or worse still pulling out the lawn mower move....

However the second dilemma to this is what if you don’t have drink.. What if your date is drinking and your not.. Often this wouldn’t put the other person at ease.. it wouldn’t make me feel better if I was sat there with a lovely glass of white and him sat there with a coke a cola.. No no no I would find this very weird and then again down the glass I have in front of me and we are back to square one with the dancing on the table tops!! (message to my dearest who’s nickname we came up with as Flannel ,long story involving boys, ... Never do we speak of the times in Greece... )

Also ive found I’m much more fun/approachable when ive had a little glass of something.. it also calms my nerves.. However as I have found on more than one occasions it can go one way.. or the other way.. The other way involving horrible crying and general embarrassment on all accounts. So this is a very tricky rule.. To drink but not get drunk which is always a challenge when your a girl who gets drunk after a glass of wine.. or not to drink and be very boring and those lies your meant to tell such as dating rule 1 tells us that if your boring you have to lie about yourself to make your self seem more interesting you wont be able to think of any thing good.. and ones you can will be just as boring as your boring self... however if u have a little something inside of you.. who knows what fun you could tell the other person.. also after 1 or 2 I find the words come a lot easier.. although could be tricky once you get into the .. "and then I went in to outer space and met the chimps... this is why I can speak fluent chimp".. Could be a little awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment