Sunday 22 May 2011

Why does a hangover always follow a good night?

So currently I am lying on my sisters sofa in Parsons Green, London trying to recover from what is a pretty large hangover....  I'm lying here watching "Sister Act" with Whoopee Goldberg and her massive Afro  and feeling slightly sorry for myself I thought I would update the Internet world with my last 42 hours.

Friday 5pm - I left work a little early on Friday as I was traveling up to London for the weekend to see my sister P.  I live in a little place in Devon called Topsham and i usefully work there as well. So with my brilliant thinking i booked a train from Topsham to Exeter to get my train to Paddington. I got to Topsham train station in loads of time and managed to hurl myself and my GIANT suitcase on board. (a little side note on the fact it looked like i was going traveling for 2 years with the size of suitcase I had for a weekend trip to London.. My sisters car had broken so my mother decided the best thing was for her to buy the part and then for me to just bring it on up.. this would have been fine if it was a wing mirror or maybe a windscreen wiper..but oo no.. it was a bloody starter moto which had to be taken in a box.. so my mother rocks up to work with my holiday suitcase and we decided the best thing is for me to re pack into = me looking like i was moving to London and not just going for the weekend) So on to the train i jump with plenty on time before my connecting train to London.. as we reach Exeter Central i had 12 minutes till me train left Exeter St Davids and on rocks most of the homeless community of Exeter who were off on some jolly including black bin liners, dogs, cages (for the dogs I'm guessing) and then the train didn't move.. Brilliant.. with 4 minutes till me train left i was still sat at Central.. when the driver then climbs back on the train says he was sorry but someone didn't change the light so we can now leave.. At arriving at Exeter St Davids with 0 minutes spare me and 3 other traveller's run up the steps, along a bridge, down steps whilst shouting Stop That Train (very movie trailer ... sadly i was wearing my work clothes, a little sweaty and lugging a giant suitcase .. i was not gracefully!!!) The train was there... still stationary however with the doors closed... 4 of us stood by the doors , looking at the train man .. "can we get on the train " Train man " No" i felt like he was playing a part in Little Britain. "why not " came from another commuter (i was still struggling to breath and lugging my suitcase so i could use it as some kind of battering ram at the man should the need present its self. Trains man response was " sorry doors are closed" BRILLIANT.. so the doors are closed the train is still stationary surly we can open the door and get in but apparently no as he lifts his stupid red flag and the train took off... So there i am at a platform with a giant suitcase, still slightly red in the face and not really sure what to do. Thankfully a suitably angry man helped me out with this situation as we went ballistic at the train man. Once he had finished shouting and wondered off i very pleasantly asked about the next train and if i could get on it with the ticket i had. After being shouted at the train man was very nice.. and told me the next train was in an hour and yes i could use the same ticket.. (bit of information for those often are late for trains and only by a ticket for that one train you've missed.. if you tell the next train person your connecting train was late.. the let u on that train... (valuable bit of advice there so use at your descession)

Once i finally arrive in London  Paddington it is now 9.30 and dark. Now those of you that know me i am a total county bumpkin and possibly a little dangerous in the big bad city. I have successfully managed the tubes all on my own ONCE.. and this was in daylight. So trying to succeed a second time in the dark whilst lugging my person sized suitcase around wasn't looking like a great start. However surprisingly to everyone i managed it. Also managed to fall in love on the 10 minutes tube to Parsons close TWICE.. I might start to like this city after all.. So this was my pretty eventful night that was Friday.. well i thought it was.. after having a few glasses of wine with my sister while she was talking to the lovely RAC man who was fixing her car we both pottered of to bed around 1.30.. 2am came and P's boyfriend G rocked up after a night out with the lads.. On top form as always him and a friend bouldered on into my room and preceded to "try" and talk and have another bottle of beer sat on my bedroom floor.

Saturday - Saturday was a much better day. P and myself went shopping on Kings Street - Super brilliant shops and I managed to buy the same dress I already have in White instead of Blue.. Well done tills brilliant shopping... After managing to buy the same dress me and P got back home grabbed a rather queasy looking G and went to find a few cold bottles of something and sat in the park soaking up some of the beautiful sunshine. After contacting a mutual family friend ares who also lived with P and G for some time when he first set out in London we agreed to meet for a few drinks. J rocked up the house and after a quick chit chat we wondered of to go for a few drinks and a BBQ. This is where i think my night went a little wrong.. well might not of been here but it could possibly could have been the .. Pimms, Cider, Wine, Gin, and Vodka. Shocker... After having a slight issue with the BBQ and J ordering a avocado and bacon burger and being given something totally different with the waiter trying to explain the brown sauce in it was the avocado he wanted.. and G was given a whole new burger that wasn't even on the menu it all went swimmingly. After moving inside and moving on to different drinks from the wine , it was my turn to get the round in. Brilliant i have done this 100s of times before and really ordering drinks was easy... apparently not. After being told 2 rum and cokes, a gin and slim line and a vodka soda and lime.. i returned to the table with 2 whiskey and cokes.. not even Jack Daniels... Bells.. and 2 gin and tonics.. Not entirely sure how this came about but it was interesting to say the least. apparently it was around this time that i turned to G and asked in a very quiet voice... "could you just get me some water please" and then returned to my slight shouting/talking that i am famous for. Once home i passed out with in about 2 seconds and woke up this morning not feeling quite 100%.

However after getting up and showered (located a rash on my stomach and instantly thought i might have had meningitis .. found a glass to roll over it... and we are looking like i should be fine) we went for breakfast which was delish. To which we returned home and this leaves us at our exact position where I'm lying on the sofa still watching a little bit of Whoopee doing her thing on Sister Act.

However i really need to move as i have to go back and catch a train home to devon ... Fingers crossed i catch this one.. If not i have my niffy bit of new information..

No comments:

Post a Comment