Monday 1 August 2011

Starting Conversations

Now .. if you know me im not one for being shy when it comes to being forward. Im often making friends in unlikely situations or even just down the pub when I would accidently pour a drink over myself or the neighbouring person…. some of my best friends were found this way!

 Anyway.. since ive started this whole internet dating number and had little to no response on MSF.com and scarily a bit to much attention from Match.com with people called psycho1 with no photo….   (im blaming the fact that I just don’t present well over the internet, or everyone looks at my profile and thinks... um... no wonder she needs to be on the internet..) either way.. its not exactly what I thought it would be like... I have recently been talking to a few people regarding this fact and how terribly disappointed I am in the fact that so far I haven’t been on 100 dates and got 47 marriage proposals and 16 mulberry handbags filling up my wardrobe... however no such luck! (sadly its still the primarny special handbags filling up my wardrobe) ..

Anyway back to the reason for this blog.. My friends have decided the reason im getting no where is because im not starting up any conversations and really its a two way game on the internet.. Which I get but at the same time .. What on EARTH do you write to start a conversation... You want to be more original than simply writing.. HI.. on a e-mail but also at the same time you don’t want to write.. "hi  im Tilly, 22, looking to be married by the time im 27/28 and preferably a baby pretty soon after, you also have to be.. tall, good-looking, prepared to put up with my randomness and like a good bottle of something.. also a few million in the bank account wouldn’t hurt either... "..... hmm not sure how well that would go down... Nor if you wrote.. " hi recently single looking for THE ONE... and if your not it and brake my heart i will become a bunny boiler and put a horses head in your bed..." Again not something boys go for one feels...

So... ideas on how to start writing to total strangers in the hope they might decided this slightly Fugly.. (haven’t used that word in years.. now a little sad about the fact I haven’t.. if you have seen Mean Girls the film you will totally understand where im coming from.. however if you are new to this word its a mixture of Fat and Ugly... which oddly enough if you write Tilly on a txt message with predictive txt and miss off a L it spells ugly.. great) girl might actually be alright and a bit of a laugh... ooo god im now getting into the.. She has a great personality section again...!!!

Totally just going to start using the old age saying... All the good guys are.. Taken or Gay.. !!

No comments:

Post a Comment